Race Recap for the CircuitCity.com 250
Sunday, June 16, Race Recap
Date: June 16, 2019
Event: CircuitCity.com 250 (Round 14 of 33)
Location: Iowa Speedway (0.875 Tri-Oval)
Format: 250 laps in three stages (60 laps/60 laps/130 laps)
Start/Finish: No. 86 Vero – True Social Chevrolet – 15th/31st (completed 76/250 laps)
18th- No. 86 (230 points, 165 out of the playoffs)
14th – Brandon Brown (262 points, 120 out of the playoffs)
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing
Stage 1 Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing
Stage 2 Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-60):
● Brandon Brown started 15th, finished 18th.
● Brown had his best qualifying effort in his short career, lining up 15th on speed. He quickly made ground moving up to as high as 13th before a pair of cautions nearing the end of Stage 1.
● Brown and the team followed the majority of leaders down pit road for four tires and fuel with 8 laps remaining in Stage 1. He restarting 21st. and was told to “conserve tires” leading into Stage 2.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 61-120):
● Brandon Brown started 17st, finished 31st.
● The No. 86 Vero – True Social began having problems immediately following the start of Stage 2. Within 7 laps the motor blew up, putting smoke through the cockpit of Brandon Brown’s car, impeding his visibility. He had to exit the race ending up 31st.
Stage 3 Recap (Lap 121-250):
● Brandon Brown started 31st, finished 31st
Next Up: The next event on the NASCAR Xfinity Series schedule is in the Camping World 300 on Saturday, June 29th at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, IL. The race starts at 3:30 pm EST with live coverage provided by NBCSN.