Race Recap for the Alsco 300
Friday, July 12th Race Recap
Date: July 13, 2019
Event: Alsco 300(Round 17 of 33)
Location: Kentucky Speedway (1.500 Tri-Oval)
Format: 200 laps in three stages (45 laps/45 laps/110 laps)
Start/Finish: No. 86 BMSRaceTeam.com Chevrolet – 17th/17th (completed 197/200 laps)
18th- No. 86 (304 points, 214 out of the playoffs)
14th – Brandon Brown (330 points, 130 out of the playoffs)
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing
Stage 1 Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing
Stage 2 Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-45):
● Brandon Brown started 17th, finished 18th.
● Brandon Brown took his BMSRaceTeam.com Chevrolet and qualified 17th. After an early accident and a long green-flag run, Brown found himself struggling with an ill-handling race car.
● Brown dug deep and found himself to be the first car one-lap down at the end of Stage 1, in the 18th position.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 46-90):
● Brandon Brown started 18th, finished 15th.
● Brown and crew chief Adam Brenner decided to make a big swing to help the handling of the race car.
● A pair of yellow flags and short runs, Brown realized he needed more of the same adjustment to improve the speed of the car. By the end of the second stage, Brown and the team felt the car was capable of running in the top-15.
Stage 3 Recap (Lap 91-200):
● Brandon Brown started 18th, finished 17th
● Stages 1&2 were stepping stones for the No. 86 crew as the car was coming to the changing track surface.
● A long green-flag run would run the race to its conclusion, a green flag 4-tire pit stop allowed the team to improve one-position, crossing the line in 17th.
Next Up: The next event on the NASCAR Xfinity Series schedule is in the ROXOR 200 on Saturday, July 19th at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The race starts at 4:00 pm EST with live coverage provided by NBCSN.