Race Recap for the LTi Printing 250
Saturday June 8, Race Recap
Date: June 8, 2019
Event: LTi Printing 250 (Round 13 of 33)
Location: Michigan International Speedway (2.0 Mile Tri-Oval)
Format: 125 laps in three stages (30 laps/30 laps/65 laps)
Start/Finish: No. 86 Vero – True Social Chevrolet – 25th/26th (completed 124/125 laps)
17th – No. 86 (230 points, 165 out of the playoffs)
15th – Brandon Brown (256 points, 97 out of the playoffs)
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of JR Motorsports
Stage 1 Winner: Paul Menard of Team Penske
Stage 2 Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-30):
- Brandon Brown started 25th, finished 16th.
- Brown admittedly under drove the car in qualifying, saying he underestimated the grip levels on the track. He quickly made up for it as when the first caution flew on lap 5, he was in 17th position.
- Contact with the No. 18 car later in Stage 1 (Brown felt bad, noting a misjudgment on his part) resulted in nose damage that would not be noticed until later in the event B. rown gained a few more positions coming in 16th when the green-checkered flew on lap 30.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 31-60):
- Brandon Brown started 17th, finished 16th.
- The No. 86 Elevated Performance pit crew made huge gains on pit road, passing two competitors that were once in front of us, differing strategies lined Brown up 16th on the restart.
- Brandon worked well with friend and competitor Jeremy Clements (No. 51) to draft and run laps faster than they had all race. This allowed the two to keep track position heading into the third and final stage.
Stage 3 Recap (Lap 61-125):
- Brandon Brown started 18th, finished 26th
- The third stage was hectic and allowed different strategies throughout. Brown pitted under the first yellow to fix the previously mentioned damage and fix his AC hose that had come unplugged.
- Brown restarted back in 21st and after avoiding a wreck he found himself 12th. (This is where it gets crazy), Brown then restarted 5th after some leaders pitted. After a crazy restart and shuffling around, Brown was 14th on older tires.
- Brown was then put into fuel conservation mode, where a driver has to struggle with saving fuel and going fast. Unfortunately the call did not pay off. The No. 86 Vero True-Social Chevrolet ran out of fuel coming to two laps to go, resulting in Brown coasting around and finishing 26th.
Next Up: The next event on the NASCAR Xfinity Series schedule is in the Circuit City 250 on Sunday June 16th at Iowa Speedway in Newton, IA. The race starts at 5:30pm EST with live coverage provided by FS1.