Race Recap for the ROXOR 200
Saturday, July 20th Race Recap
Date: July 20, 2019
Event: ROXOR 200 (Round 18 of 33)
Location: New Hampshire Motor Speedway (1.0-mile flat oval)
Format: 200 laps in three stages (45 laps/45 laps/110 laps)
Start/Finish: No. 86 BMSRaceTeam.com Chevrolet – 21st/16th (completed 200/200 laps)
18th- No. 86 (325 points, 206 out of the playoffs)
14th – Brandon Brown (351 points, 147 out of the playoffs)
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing
Stage 1 Winner: Brandon Jones of Joe Gibbs Racing
Stage 2 Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-45):
● Brandon Brown started 21st, finished 16th.
● Brandon Brown took his Vero – True Social Chevrolet and qualified 21st. The first stage went green until an incident on lap 32, a series of pit stops put the No. 86 in the fifth position for the ensuing restart.
● Brown spun the tires and with 15+ drivers behind him with fresh tires, he held on and settled for 16th, knowing fresh tires would be put on the car to start Stage 2.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 46-90):
● Brandon Brown started 21st, finished 17th.
● Brown was struggling with ‘loose-in’ handling to his race car. The crew went to work on adjustments to help settle the rear of the car down and allow Brandon to be as aggressive as he needed.
● The Vero – True Social Chevrolet quickly made up ground and found himself in the 18th position where he would run out the stage, trying different lines and focusing on where his race car handled best. He needed more of the adjustment before help him do so.
Stage 3 Recap (Lap 91-200):
● Brandon Brown started 18th, finished 16th
● Stages 1 and 2 were stepping stones for the No. 86 crew as the car was coming to the changing track surface. At New Hampshire, the PJ1 applies and the sun setting down turned the track into a grippy surface.
● A long green-flag run would run the race out before a debris caution was thrown with just over 50 laps to go. The crew utilized this yellow to throw on another set of sticker tires and pull a spring rubber out of the right rear to tighten Brown up.
● This change helped Brown and after aggressive racing and a swing of events, the No. 86 was inside the top-15 racing with cars alike of Penske Racing, RCR and JR Motorsports. Unfortunately, the team fell just outside of the top-15, ending the ROXOR 200 in the 16th position.
Next Up: The next event on the NASCAR Xfinity Series schedule is in the US Cellular 250 on Saturday, July 26th at the Iowa Speedway in Newton, IA. The race starts at 5:00 pm EST with live coverage provided by NBCSN.