Race Recap for the CTECH Manufacturing 180
Sunday, August 25th, 2019 Race Recap
Date: August 25, 2019
Event: CTECH Manufacturing 180 (Round 23 of 33)
Location: Road America (4 Mile Road Course
Format: 45 laps in three stages (10 laps/10 laps/25 laps
Start/Finish: No. 86 Vero – True Social Chevrolet – 25th/37th (completed 9/45 laps)
18th- No. 86 (405 points, 261 out of the playoffs)
14th – Brandon Brown (419 points, 205 out of the playoffs)
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing
Stage 1 Winner: Aj Allmendinger of Kaulig Racing
Stage 2 Winner: Chase Briscoe of Stewart-Haas Racing
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-10):
● Brandon Brown started 25th, finished 37th.
● Brown had a solid qualifying effort taken away after an unapproved adjustment before the green flag. He would take the green from 36th and by lap 3 was in 28th, an impressive start for not having much road course experience.
● Unfortunately, Brown would succumb to a broken track bar mount on lap 9, while running in the 26th position. He would retire to a 37th place finish.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 11-20):
● Brandon Brown started 37th, finished 37th.
Stage 3 Recap (Lap 21-45):
● Brandon Brown started 37th, finished 37th
Next Up: The next event on the NASCAR Xfinity Series schedule is in the SportClips Haircuts VFW 200 on Saturday, August 31st at Darlington Raceway in Darlington, SC. The race starts at 4:00 pm EST with live coverage provided by NBCSN.